Axcient Acquires DirectRestore for Application Recovery Capabilities
Acquisition Supports Broader Application Recovery Capabilities and Expands Research and Development by 30 Percent
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Sept. 16, 2014 – Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-service (RaaS), today announced the acquisition of the business and technology of DirectRestore LLC, a leading granular recovery technology provider. Terms of the agreement are undisclosed.
- DirectRestore, a Delaware LLC, provides a series of tools that enable granular recovery of files, objects, databases and applications. Its technology is leveraged by tens of thousands of customers including several major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- DirectRestore’s granular recovery technology allows organizations to restore individual items from popular applications such as SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange database backups and replications. This technology is a unique capability that currently only a few vendors have built.
- Although the Axcient solution already had the capability of protecting MS Exchange and SQL databases, the combination of DirectRestore’s unique technology with Axcient’s award-winning solution now provides customers with an even better product that allows for faster recovery, more granular recovery options and reduced storage footprint.
- Axcient customers have access to this latest technology improvement at no charge. Granular application recovery is a core part of the Axcient solution and part of Axcient’s unique all-inclusive pricing model.
- In addition, the DirectRestore acquisition expands Axcient’s research and development team by 30 percent – adding a team of experts in granular application recovery that will enable the expansion of Axcient’s RaaS platform to support broader recovery capabilities.
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access and recover data, and applications by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization’s entire business in the cloud, including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network, to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
“Since inception, we’ve believed in building our platform from the ground up and owning our technology stack. We wanted to ensure that we maintain control over our roadmap and therefore our customers’ experience. With this acquisition, we are staying true to this philosophy,” said Justin Moore, CEO of Axcient. “We evaluated several vendors in the past, and this acquisition by far made the most sense from both a product and cultural perspective. We are extremely excited about merging the talented DirectRestore team into the Axcient family, and with the addition of our development center in Russia, we celebrate the fourth office we’ve opened worldwide.”
“Data is the lifeblood of any business and protecting that lifeblood is not an option; it’s a necessity for any organization,” said Emil Sildos, founder of DirectRestore. “Axcient is the only company that delivers a comprehensive end-to-end platform for data, application and system replication and recovery on the market. The DirectRestore technology is a natural fit for Axcient, and we’re thrilled to become part of the Axcient team. We look forward to leveraging Axcient’s leading reputation, experience and resources to bring new exciting recovery products to market.”
Tweet this: .@Axcient acquires @DirectRestore to support broader #DisasterRecovery capabilities and expand R&D by 30% #acquisition
- Axcient Website: http://axcient.com
- Technology: http://axcient.com/solutions/
- Request a Demo: http://axcient.com/recovery-as-a-service-demo/
- Blog: http://axcient.com/blog/
- Latest News: http://axcient.com/news/
- Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient
Axcient’s cloud platform eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click – all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.