Axcient Announces Second Generation Virtual Appliance
Latest Axcient Release Provides Users with Significantly Faster System Replication and Recovery, and more Flexibility
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – July 29, 2014 – Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS), today announced the availability of its second generation Virtual Appliance, enabling organizations to protect systems and data locally and replicate to the cloud without the need to purchase any onsite hardware. The latest version of Axcient’s Virtual Appliance provides users with significant improvements in protection and recovery speeds and is now available in new form factors.
- With today’s announcement, companies running highly virtualized environments can now leverage their virtual infrastructure investment to ensure that all company data and applications are always protected and available, from anywhere.
- The Axcient second generation Virtual Appliance can be downloaded, installed and configured in minutes, giving companies access to Axcient’s leading RaaS cloud for rapid recovery of information, applications and IT infrastructures.
- In addition to Intel, the latest version of the Axcient Virtual Appliance now supports AMD processors. As a result, companies wanting to convert legacy backup appliances or servers running on AMD processors can now leverage the Axcient Virtual Appliance and save money.
- In addition, Axcient partners can more easily displace incumbent solutions at client sites and offer a solution at a much lower price point than previously.
- Key new features include:
- Two times faster than the previous generation Virtual Appliance, reducing backup times by 50 percent or more
- Lower storage footprint, with up to eight times reduction in input/output per second (IOPS) requirements
- Improvements enabling organizations to run even more virtual appliance instances within the same virtual host
- New form factors including 1TB, 2TB, 4TB, 6TB, 10TB, 14TB and 20TB
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access, and recover data and applications by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization’s entire business in the cloud, including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network, to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
- A 1TB version of Axcient’s second generation Virtual Appliance is available immediately for download here for new and existing customers running VMware environments, at no additional cost.
- For more information on how to get started today, contact Axcient at axcient.com, email [email protected] or call (800) 715-2339.
“Earlier this year, we delivered a virtual appliance that has the exact same functionality found in a physical hardware appliance, including full server failover through nested virtualization,” said Todd Scallan, vice president of products at Axcient. “After hundreds of customer installs, we took the feedback from users to develop and release a second generation of virtual appliances that is even better than before. We look forward to continuing to provide organizations of all sizes with the most comprehensive, robust Recovery-as-a-Service solution available in the market to ensure they are always protected.”
Tweet this: [email protected] announces second generation Virtual Appliance to protect data locally w/out hardware w/enhanced speed #CloudBackup
• Axcient Website: https://axcient.com
• Technology: https://axcient.com/solutions/
• Blog: https://axcient.com/blog/
• Latest News: https://axcient.com/news/
• Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient
Axcient’s cloud platform eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click – all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
Kulesa Faul for Axcient