Axcient Releases Powerfully Simple Recovery for VMware, Improves Replication and Failover Performance by up to 9x
Latest Axcient Release Provides Users with Instant VMDK Generation, Instant Server Failover, New Drag-and-Drop Recovery, and Turbocharged Backup and Recovery Speeds
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Dec. 10, 2014 – Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS), today announced the latest version of the Axcient Business Recovery Cloud, providing significantly faster system replication and recovery for physical and virtual environments, and accelerated file and folder recovery with the addition of drag-and-drop support. The latest version of the Axcient solution improves performance by up to 9x faster than before and allows businesses to dramatically reduce their Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and failover systems instantly.
• With today’s announcement, organizations can now export any physical and virtual server image replications as a VMDK file, making it easy to not only recover VMware snapshots, but also to recover and/or migrate physical server snapshots as virtual machines. This physical-to-virtual (P2V) process is accomplished instantly with a simple click via the Axcient web interface without any complex conversion processes.
• In addition, the new Axcient release supports drag-and-drop recovery from the local appliance via integration with Windows Explorer, allowing users to move large numbers of files and entire folders to a target device easily. With the ability to restore more than 50 gigabytes in just minutes, the new interface enables organizations to quickly and easily recover critical files and folders in a pinch.
• Axcient has also extended its instant failover support. Axcient previously supported instant server failover for the most recent system snapshot, and with today’s announcement, enables businesses to instantly recover systems from any point-in-time snapshot. This can be done both locally and in the cloud, further eliminating data loss and business down time.
• Additionally, data replication to the Axcient appliance is now 3x faster with the latest version of Axcient’s replication algorithm, enabling business to achieve even shorter RPO and have replicas of the most recent data available at all times.
• Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access, and recover data and applications by delivering a Business Recovery Cloud that is powerfully simple. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization’s entire business in the cloud, including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network, to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
Axcient’s Provides Instant VMDK Generation, Instant Server Failover, and Turbocharged Backup and Recovery Speeds. Powerfully simple recovery for VMware.
Axcient’s latest release is currently in beta and will be rolled out for new and existing customers at no additional cost within the coming weeks. For more information on how to get started today, contact Axcient at axcient.com, email [email protected] or call (800) 715-2339.
“Server virtualization has gained incredible traction in the midmarket with some analysts estimating 80 percent to 90 percent of workloads running on a virtual machine,” said Justin Moore, CEO of Axcient. “With today’s announcement, we are continuing to deliver the most powerfully simple Recovery-as-a-Service solution for physical and virtual environments without the complexity of traditional backup and server replication products. With Axcient, companies of all sizes can have the same level of protection that enterprise-class solutions offer at a fraction of the price.”
Tweet this: .@Axcient improves VMware support, gives 9x faster recovery speeds for physical and virtual environments http://bit.ly/1yNABvw #DisasterRecovery
• Axcient Website: http://axcient.com
• Technology: http://axcient.com/solutions
• Blog: http://axcient.com/blog
• Latest News: http://axcient.com/news
• Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient