Axcient Takes on Legacy Backup Providers by Giving Away its Product for Free with No Strings Attached
Free Version of Axcient Virtual Appliance Offers Organizations an Enterprise-Class, Award-Winning, Recovery-as-a-Service Solution for an Unlimited Amount of Time
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – April 9, 2014 – Beware, legacy backup providers. Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS), today announced a free version of its Virtual Appliance product. This complimentary offering enables organizations to take advantage of the local replication and recovery elements of Axcient’s enterprise-class, award-winning RaaS solution for an unlimited amount of time with no strings attached. Companies can now ditch legacy software and hardware backup products that are difficult to use and time consuming to maintain, and leverage Axcient Free to improve their ability to recover data locally, quickly and easily. With Axcient Free, companies get up to 20TB of free local protection for up to 3 critical servers.
- Traditional backup software and hardware no longer solves the needs of today’s business. Before Recovery-as-a-Service was available, sub-Enterprise sized organizations were unable to keep applications up and running and ensure information was always accessible and recoverable without building replicated datacenters that mirrored their primary infrastructure. Due to the extraordinary costs associated with doing this, most businesses had to settle for a simple backup solution, leaving organizations vulnerable to application and system downtime. Recovery-as-a-Service has changed the game by bringing the benefits of replicated datacenters to businesses of all sizes at a small fraction of the cost, without all of the complexity.
- Recovery-as-a-Service has forever changed the market, making backup a technology of the past. As a result, Axcient is giving away a better and easier version of traditional backup software for free as an alternative to expensive legacy software solutions like Symantec BackupExec.
- The Axcient Free solution can be downloaded as a complimentary virtual appliance, and protect up to three servers and 20 terabytes of data, giving companies access to the ease of use, local protection and restore capabilities of Axcient’s leading RaaS cloud for rapid recovery of information, applications and IT infrastructures.
- This new offer is ideal for companies who want a taste of an enterprise-class solution and are looking to replace local backup providers and tape backup solutions, such as Symantec Backup Exec. Unlike Symantec and other online backup services, Axcient offers more than simple file backup. With Axcient, companies can eliminate data loss, keep critical applications up and running, have high-availability of their servers and ensure that employees are always productive.
- Companies can use the Axcient Free solution to try out the product before upgrading to the all-in-one cloud-based platform. Alternatively, smaller organizations or company departments can use the Axcient Free solution to gain better data protection at the best price point available – free.
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access and recover their data and applications, by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization’s entire business in the cloud including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
- The Axcient Free solution is available immediately at no cost. For more information on how to get protected today, contact Axcient at www.axcient.com, email [email protected] or call (800) 715-2339.
“Before Axcient, sub-Enterprise scale companies had no cost-effective way to ensure the resiliency of IT infrastructure and to make sure that the core IT services that employees use for productivity – information and applications – were running and available,” said Justin Moore, CEO at Axcient. “Our vision at Axcient has always been to bring enterprise availability and service to businesses of all sizes, and we have been predicting the death of traditional backup all along the way. Today, we say goodbye to the traditional backup vendors that sell billions of dollars in legacy software a year, because today Axcient is taking another big stride towards turning our vision into a reality by giving companies a better way to protect and recover critical servers locally for free.”
- Axcient Website: http://axcient.com
- Technology: http://axcient.com/technology/
- Blog: http://blogs.axcient.com/
- Latest News: http://axcient.com/news-and-events/
- Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click – all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.