Axcient Teams with Ingram Micro to Tackle the $26 Billion Industry for Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Services
Leading Recovery-as-a-Service Provider Signs Exclusive Distribution Agreement with the World’s Largest Technology Distributor to Accelerate Data and Application Protection to Organizations across U.S.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – March 25, 2014 –Axcient, the leading Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS) provider, today announced it has expanded its strategic alliance with Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), the world’s largest wholesale technology distributor and leading cloud services aggregator and provider.
The new U.S. distribution agreement further positions Axcient to tackle the $26 billion industry for backup, disaster recovery and business continuity services and names Ingram Micro as the sole distribution partner for Axcient’s RaaS solution. Ingram Micro was awarded the Axcient business because of the distributor’s superior performance, proven cloud expertise, excellent partner support, broad reach and award-winning Cloud Marketplace. Since signing with Ingram Micro and the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace in 2012, Axcient’s distribution business has grown by 400 percent.
• By working together, Axcient and Ingram Micro are enabling U.S. channel partners with a leading RaaS offering that eliminates disparate traditional technology solutions such as backup, business continuity, disaster recovery and archiving. This collaboration empowers MSPs with an all-in-one solution to protect and recover data and applications.
• As a leading cloud services aggregator and provider for the IT channel, Ingram Micro provides channel partners access to hundreds of leading cloud solutions via the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, a transactional, online marketplace where channel partners can educate themselves, browse, buy, deploy and manage a comprehensive suite of cloud services with ease and efficiency directly from Ingram Micro. With a team of more than 120 dedicated cloud specialists, Ingram Micro helps channel partners establish their cloud practices and grow their annuity cloud revenue.
• By building from the ground up and re-thinking the information management and business continuity needs of businesses, Axcient has created an entirely new type of platform for data and application protection that replaces traditional backup, business continuity, archiving and disaster recovery technologies. Built in the cloud, for the cloud, Axcient eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running and makes sure IT infrastructures never go down. The Axcient cloud platform is so simple to install and use, it completely transforms the user experience.
“From day one, Axcient has demonstrated a strong channel commitment by providing extensive support resources through dedicated, collaborative sales efforts, joint marketing activities and ongoing solutions training,” said Renee Bergeron, vice president, worldwide cloud, Ingram Micro. “Earning exclusive access to the Axcient business is testimony to Ingram Micro Cloud’s proven ability to execute, plan and empower channel partners to successfully sell cloud services by providing them access to the best people, processes and platform available. This expanded relationship more strategically aligns Ingram Micro Cloud with one of the industry’s strongest business continuity service providers and enables us to build upon our mutual success.”
“Today’s businesses are expected to be always on and always available, which is why antiquated data backup and disaster recovery solutions no longer meet their needs,” said Ken Sims, vice president of business development at Axcient. “Ingram Micro Cloud’s reach, expertise and business execution combined with Axcient’s robust cloud platform provide the perfect alliance for tackling today’s $26 billion industry for backup, disaster recovery and business continuity services.”
Axcient will be sponsoring the Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2014 in Hollywood, Fla., April 7 – 9 and the company’s CEO Justin Moore will be participating in an executive panel on how channel partners can “rise above” in 2014 to build a more successful cloud services business.
Tweet this: [email protected] and @IngramMicroInc strike exclusive agreement to bring Recovery-as-a-Service to channel partners #IMCloud2014
• Axcient Website: http://axcient.com
• Solutions: http://axcient.com/solutions/
• Blog: http://blogs.axcient.com/
• Latest News: http://axcient.com/news/
• Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient
• Get Started Today: http://axcient.com/contact/
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro is the world’s largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain and mobile device lifecycle services. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics and mobile solutions, technical support, financial services and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving approximately 170 countries on six continents with the world’s most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit IngramMicro.com.
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click – all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
Kulesa Faul for Axcient
WhiteFox Marketing for Ingram Micro Inc.