Axcient Ups the Ante for Business Recovery-as-a-Service for Mid-Sized Businesses
New Platform reduces migration pains, increases flexibility and provides faster replication and recovery
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – November 11, 2015 – Axcient, the leader in Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS), today announced significant enhancements and updates to its Business Recovery Cloud.
Axcient’s newest platform, which is the only DRaaS solution to offer three deployment options – virtual appliance, physical appliance, and Direct to Cloud – is designed for faster and more reliable replication and recovery, and provides a foundation for new product capabilities.
In an “always-on” world, downtime kills productivity. Whether it’s a global enterprise with thousands of employees or a midsized business with remote offices, every business needs to keep core information systems running and available at all times. To meet customers’ needs, Axcient engineered its newest platform to enhance the experience of all current and future users.
With this platform, customers using Axcient’s single, powerfully simple management console will save costs and reduce complexity while improving both Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO). In addition, Axcient’s new platform increases the reliability of data protection operations for more complex IT environments, allowing customers with increasingly virtualized environments to ensure that all of their servers and systems are protected while streamlining recovery processes.
“Our engineers have put more than 36,000 development hours into this update, essentially building a new framework for Axcient’s Business Recovery Cloud that will not only support faster RTOs and RPOs for our customers, but create new opportunities for them to shift secondary workloads to the cloud and save time and money,” said Justin Moore, CEO and founder of Axcient. “With Axcient’s Business Recovery Cloud, customers are not only creating mirrors of their IT infrastructure in the Axcient cloud for recovery, but are also able to use our platform for on-demand DR testing and to create on-demand test environments. ”
Benefits of Axcient’s latest platform that will be immediately available to Axcient’s current and future customers include:
- Easy Migration – allows a company to migrate between physical and virtual environments without losing data, applications, or time. This feature affords the user great flexibility to move to physical or virtual infrastructure that suits the needs of the primary compute environment without having to change solutions
- VMware Aware recovery through native VMDK generation and migration speeding up system recoveries
- Faster file recovery with “drag and drop” capabilities from the local appliance using Windows Explorer
- RPOs are up to three times faster; failovers are instant from any recovery point enabling file recovery to be completed in seconds as opposed to minutes
- Axcient’s Direct to Cloud service now allows for file and folder exclusions, making customizing jobs for efficiency including speed of backup and size of data footprint possible
“At Direct iT, we’ve worked with many backup solutions including VMware Site Recovery Manager, Veeam, Acronis, Datto, and Symantec System Recovery,” said Patrick Engelman, head of research and development at Direct iT. “We’ve found that Axcient provides an incredibly cost-effective solution for cloud-based disaster recovery and local backup; it’s very hard to put together as complete of a backup and disaster recovery solution at the same cost level as Axcient. Customers that we have helped setup with Axcient have been very happy with the service.”
Axcient’s Business Recovery Cloud eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and ensures that IT operations never go down. Companies use Axcient to replace legacy backup, server replication, disaster recovery and archiving products, with a single integrated platform that mirrors an entire business in the cloud. With Axcient’s Powerfully Simple Recovery Cloud you can restore data, failover applications, and virtualize servers or an entire office with a click. Thousands of businesses trust Axcient to keep their IT infrastructure running and employees always productive. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
• Axcient Website: http://axcient.com/
• Technology: http://axcient.com/solutions/
• Blog: http://axcient.com/blog/
• Latest News: http://axcient.com/news/
• Join the Conversation: https://twitter.com/Axcient