Are you attending VMware Partner Exchange this year? To help make your visit fun and eventful, we’ve provided you with 10 places we are sure you’d love to visit while in SF. Pick and choose and plan your day outside of VMworld! But before you plan your next stop, make sure you come by booth 719 to say hi to the Axcient Team!
Get Your Geek On!
1. Yoda Fountain in Presidio: in front of the Lucasfilm headquarters, this 26″ life-sized famous Yoda statue is sitting on top of a fountain located at the entrance of the offices. A must see for all you Star Wars fans!
2. The California Academy of Sciences: an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and four-story rainforest — all under one living roof! Home to nearly 40,000 live animals with stunning exhibits and a wide range of interpretive technologies to help you get to know the creatures, the roles they play in their ecosystems, and the importance of protecting them.
3. The Exploratorium: an eye-opening, playful place to explore how the world works. Thought-provoking exhibits, experiences, tools, and projects that ignite curiosity, encourage exploration, and lead to profound learning.
4. Isotope Comics: combines a comic store, an original comic art gallery, an active workshop/meeting place for creative individuals, and a relaxing get-away from the pressures of life.
5. USS Pampanito: World War II Balao class Fleet submarine museum and memorial on Fisherman’s Wharf. Pampanito made six patrols in the Pacific during World War II during which she sank six Imperial Japanese ships and damaged four others.
6. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum: Home of the odd and unusual, located on Fisherman’s Wharf.
7. Cartoon Art Museum: exhibits pieces that represent the history, contemporary development, creators, design, and processes underlying the art forms of cartoons, comics, digital animation, illustration, and video games.
8. Musée Mécanique: one of the world’s largest (more than 200) privately-owned collection of coin-operated mechanical musical instruments and antique arcade machines in their original working condition.
9. Alcatraz Island: a close-up look at the site of the first lighthouse and U.S.-built fort on the West Coast, the infamous federal penitentiary long off-limits to the public.
10. AT&T Park: home of the San Francisco Giants and 2014 World Series Champs!
Stop by booth 719 at the event to pick up a copy of this list for your reference! See you there!