Cloud Continuity Solution Brief
Axcient Cloud Continuity: No Downtime, No Data Loss
Today, IT infrastructure, applications and data are the foundation of every business. And now, IT providers and business owners can sleep better at night with Axcient Cloud Continuity – the lifeline for all critical business systems. Even during a disaster scenario when physical offices are destroyed, Axcient Cloud Continuity keeps businesses up, earning, in compliance and fully-focused on opportunity and growth rather than risk.
How does Axcient Cloud Continuity work?
Axcient Cloud Continuity gives businesses the most comprehensive and reliable solution for eliminating application downtime and data loss. With a couple of clicks, entire offices are virtualized and businesses can instantly access all of their critical data and applications from any cloud-connected device, from any location.
Other offsite virtualization services require users to engage their solution provider in order to initiate the virtualization process. While Axcient support is always available if needed, users can start and configure a virtual office without contacting Axcient. Simply follow the six easy steps outlined below.
- Run an offsite image backup job for every server you want in the virtual office. A virtual office cannot be started until a successful backup for each server is stored offsite.
- Start a cloud failover through Management Console (RMC). This creates a virtual office infrastructure (switch) running in an Axcient data center.
- Start virtual machine servers.
- Configure network parameters for the virtual office.
- Click on the VPN client and Axcient will automatically spin-up the VPN on each user’s computer.
- The virtual office is now configured and running. You can monitor the virtual office status through the RMC client screen.
The Speed and Reliability of Cloud Virtualization
Countless IT providers and businesses currently using Axcient Cloud Continuity are impressed with the ease-of-use, speed and reliability of this feature. When Hurricane Sandy hit the U.S. Northeast in late 2012, several IT providers used Cloud Continuity to failover client networks to the cloud and keep all data, applications and systems running despite the storm. That’s just one example of the reliability and peace of mind that Axcient gives businesses every day.