It’s Scary out there! The Cybersecurity Playbook Bundle Will Get MSPs Ransomware Ready
No-cost playbooks and an eBook to help you create, test, and update your ransomware disaster recovery plan templates and your IR plans
It’s not ghosts, goblins, ghouls, or monsters scaring MSPs this Halloween…it’s ransomware! Yep, the gift no one asked for (and yet keeps on giving) continues to rear its ugly head in MSP nightmares and real life. Thankfully, Axcient is here to scare away disaster by enhancing your ransomware disaster recovery plan templates. For a beast as ugly as ransomware, MSPs and their SMB clients need more than garlic, crosses, and seances.
Instead of hoping, hiding, and praying for ransomware salvation, Axcient takes a proactive security-first approach, and we’re helping MSPs do the same. Get ransomware ready with our Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle designed just for MSPs and their SMB clients.
Three Ways to Improve Your Ransomware Disaster Recovery Plan Templates in Just One Bundle
Axcient’s Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle combines three practical and actionable resources to help MSPs survive, thrive, and recover after a ransomware attack. Instead of assuming, “it won’t happen to me,” Axcient prepares MSPs for the reality of, “oh, $h!t, we’ve been hit.” Unfortunately, ransomware continues to rise yearly with strategic and targeted attacks on all SMBs – including MSPs.
“This year, Ransomware has continued its upward trend with an almost 13% increase – a rise as big as the last five years combined (for a total of 25% this year).”
-2022 DATA BREACH INVESTIGATIONS REPORT BY VERIZON
We can’t deny the success of ransomware attacks, but we can plan for a complete recovery with the three resources included in the Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle. This combination of ransomware disaster recovery plan templates, playbooks, and guides gives MSPs exactly what they need to sleep soundly – even after a cyberattack occurs. Here’s what you’re getting:
- The 5 Critical Pieces of a Good Cybersecurity Playbook
- An MSP Playbook for Best Practices in Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Surviving a Total Ransomware Takedown: An MSP Quick Guide for Overcoming Today’s Cyberattacks
Here is a summary of all three pieces of our bundle…
#1. The 5 Critical Pieces of a Good Cybersecurity Playbook
Cybersecurity today requires much more than just backup and disaster recovery (BDR). For MSPs to ensure business continuity for their SMB clients, they need a comprehensive plan covering both the immediate and prolonged effects of a cyber incident. Whether you already have a ransomware disaster recovery plan template, want to improve it, or are developing one for the first time, this playbook can help. Get answers to these critical questions and more to protect your MSP from whatever comes next.
- How do I approach immediate and long-term planning for incident response and recovery?
- What are the practical differences between incident response and business continuity plans?
- What considerations should I make for cyber liability insurance?
- What does my cybersecurity playbook need, and how often should it be updated?
- How do I get started?
Plus, get two downloadable incident response checklists – one from the executive or business perspective and one from a technical standpoint – to help both sides of your MSP act quickly and correctly in times of disaster.
>> Download The 5 Critical Pieces of a Good Cybersecurity Playbook as part of the Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle
#2. An MSP Playbook for Best Practices in Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
A recent survey revealed that only 1% of business owners feel secure without a disaster recovery plan. Fifty-seven percent of respondents say they currently have a plan, but it needs a little work.
While it’s nice to see that most people have a plan in place, it’s important to note that a disaster recovery plan must continually be revisited. An MSP’s ransomware disaster recovery plan template must be continuously updated, practiced, tested, and revised to combat today’s evolving and persistent cyberattacks. Utilize this playbook to both improve your own planning and testing while helping clients do the same.
- Identify key elements and components for your clients’ disaster recovery plan to run efficiently.
- Understand the technology options for disaster recovery planning and testing, including cloud backup technologies for remote and hybrid environments.
- Gain insights into how other MSPs manage ransomware disaster recovery plan templates, practice drills, and testing.
- Reassess your disaster recovery testing – how to make it believable, what frequency is best, who needs to be involved, and when to make changes.
- Complete a comprehensive BCDR strategy with the critical capabilities necessary to restore data with minimal downtime and data management simplicity.
>> Download An MSP Playbook for Best Practices in Disaster Recover Planning and Testing as part of the Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle
#3. Surviving a Total Ransomware Takedown: An MSP Quick Guide for Overcoming Today’s Cyberattacks
Unlike your typical ransomware attack where maybe one server or one whole client goes down, total ransomware takedown means complete encryption of all clients, endpoints, servers, and your MSP. You may think it’s impossible or a one-in-a-million shot, but that’s precisely what happened during the Kaseya attack in July 2021. What could have been a business-ending event for everyone attacked became a strengthening tool and cautionary tale for those who survived.
This eBook builds on those MSP survival stories to help MSPs cover every base necessary in their ransomware disaster recovery plan templates.
- The 5 “C’s” of Communication: From clients to lawyers, insurance carriers, the public, and your internal teams – how, where, what, and when your MSP communicates is paramount to surviving a breach.
- 4 Untapped Recovery Resources: Don’t forget about these valuable yet underutilized assets for making a complete recovery fast.
- 3 Ways to Redefine Roles and Responsibilities: When disaster strikes, it’s all hands on deck – even if you’ve never been on the boat before! Prepare your team for the possibility that their job changes when recovery takes priority.
- 5 Questions to Assess System Readiness: Total ransomware takedown means the systems you rely on for recovery may not be available. Make sure your plan comes with a plan B.
- The #1 Piece of Advice for Rapid Recovery: Hear straight from the MSPs who have lived through a total ransomware takedown to ensure you’re, at least, doing this one thing.
>> Download Surviving a Total Ransomware Takedown: An MSP Quick Guide for Overcoming Today’s Cyberattacks as part of the Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle
Take Advantage of the FREE Cybersecurity Readiness Bundle and Get Ransomware Ready!
As a 100%-MSP-only solutions provider, Axcient is dedicated to helping MSPs keep businesses running – whether you’re a partner or not. to ensure your MSP and your clients take a comprehensive, proactive, and security-first strategy against ransomware. If you like what you read, visit our Resources section for more freebies, schedule a 1:1 demo to see Axcient’s business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) solutions in action, and start a 14-day free trial to get your hands on the good stuff. But first…
About the Author: Carissa Johnson // Product Marketing Manager, Axcient
Carissa Kohn-Johnson has a background in behavioral and physical healthcare technology and information technology and currently works as the Product Marketing Manager for Axcient. She has a lot of MSP Channel experience from planning and attending hundreds of conferences and tradeshows, and found her passion in technology, and working with MSPs in particular. Connect with her on LinkedIn – perhaps you can contribute to the Axcient blog?