New Backup Insights and Reporting: Axcient’s Commitment to Advancing Automation and Usability
As a 100% MSP-only solutions provider, Axcient is dedicated to driving efficiency within business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR). Our product enhancements are laser-focused on reducing the overall time and costs of backup management, and our latest reporting improvements in the x360 Platform support better backup management.
Table of Contents
Axcient’s product development team regularly unveils new improvements within our BCDR products and multi-tenant management platform, the x360 Portal. This quarter they’ve turned their attention toward enabling MSPs with new data-based backup insights. Both MSPs and their clients benefit from these opportunities to strengthen rapid and reliable recovery after cyber incidents and natural disasters.
Keep reading for an inside look at…
- Axcient’s new Executive Summary Report
- Axcient’s Health Dashboard System Details
- Axcient’s Client Health Digest emails
- Axcient’s Backup Summary report
- Axcient’s Backup History report
- How MSPs can leverage these opportunities to reduce backup management costs and realize new levels of profitability.
Client Executive Summary Report
September 2023 release
What is it? A weekly report for MSPs to share with their clients. It is customizable and white label-able. Client Executive Summary Report includes additional details over the client health digest emails.
Why is it exciting? This is a robust report an MSP can take to a quarterly business review (QBR) with their customers to demonstrate their value to their client; this executive summary will outline what the MSP does to protect their client’s infrastructure, data, and business continuity that may not always be obvious. This Client Executive Summary Report is designed to illustrate what the client is paying their MSP money for and how their data and infrastructure are being protected. It is a valuable tool to upsell the client for additional services.
Key highlights of the x360Recover Client Executive Summary:
- Thorough and easy-to-understand summary of the services an MSP’s client pays for.
- Great for quarterly business review discussions and an opportunity to get feedback and/or upsell.
- White labeled/MSPs logo and info.
- Weekly cadence.
- The report includes a Boot VM screenshot showing that the backup is tested and is good. This demonstrates value in the ongoing commitment – it proves that an MSP is regularly backing up and testing those backups.
- Provides proof of the automation of backup testing; this is a requirement for most cyber insurance policies, which require that the backup testing not be performed manually.
- Eliminates the time-consuming manual process of taking a screenshot of backup testing and putting it into a report. Now, the end-customer has visibility.
- The x360Reocvery Client Executive Summary is a streamlined, done-for-you, and modern report. This solves a pain point for most MSPs, as this helpful reporting has always been a sore spot; reports are often hard to cull, missing inf, or not thorough enough.
Health Dashboard System Details
What is it? In October 2022, we released the Health Dashboard System Details to Axcient partners. The System Details tab is the latest addition to the Health Dashboard and was designed for our MSP partner’s technicians and engineers to quickly see all protected systems, appliances, and vaults at a glance.
Why is it exciting? This single dashboard view lets our partners see which protected systems are troubled or warned and take immediate action while reducing excessive navigation or clicking around in x360Recover between clients or protected systems. This view will allow Axcient partners to display the Health Dashboard Systems Details on a dedicated monitor either at their desk or in the office for the team to see. Plus, the dashboard has an auto-refresh capability.
Client Health Digest Reports
What is it? Client Health Digest emails are daily/weekly/monthly emails sent to our MSP clients. They include bootVM screenshots of tested backups to show the MSP’s work and value, and backups are verified.
Why is it exciting? The Client Health Digest emails can be white-labeled or branded with the MSP’s logos to share with their own clients. Sharing these health digest emails is an excellent way for MSPs to demonstrate their value by providing visibility into the behind-the-scenes work they do for their clients that, when done well, may not be seen. Plus, the bootVM screenshots to show to their clients as proof that the protected system can be restored from the backup and satisfy cyber insurers’ requirements of automation of backup testing.
Additionally, the UI has been updated because our partners requested these features, and we delivered: we added an icon for device type and an image for the last 30 days of SLA health.
Backup Summary Report
What is it? An enhanced overview tab in the existing organization dashboard in the x360 Portal. With the backup health view, owners and managers get a quick glance at key health metrics to aid in data-based decision-making. Insights include:
- Current Client Health: The percentage of clients that are compliant with service-level agreements (SLAs)
- 6 Month Counts: The number of protected systems by type – including appliances, vaults, servers, and workstations – over a six-month period
- 7-Day Protected System Health History: The percentage of healthy protected systems over a seven-day period
- Organization At A Glance: An overview of clients – including unprotected clients that require action – users, vaults, appliances, protected systems (aka devices), and virtual machines running
Why it’s exciting! Previously, Axcient partners needed to run additional reports to see this information centralized. Now, they can review complete backup health in a single pane of glass with the click of a button. With this view, MSPs can take proactive steps to mitigate risk and immediate action during critical incidents. In addition, MSPs can ensure SLAs are being met with a clearer understanding of backup status at different points in time.
Axcient’s Backup Summary Report in the organization dashboard presents a complete picture of an MSP’s backup system.
Backup History Report
What is it? A historical report generated in the x360 Portal that gives Axcient partners a detailed list of backups for the last two years.
What it’s exciting! Now our MSP partners can review up to 2 years of backup history with clients to highlight the value of their BCDR services. Generate a custom report that’s emailed to clients daily, weekly, or monthly to give them cybersecurity confidence and peace of mind.
Utilize rich filtering capabilities to tailor insights by client, service, delivery, backup start and end time, product type, and backup status. Audit backups during a specific time frame and investigate troubled backups over time. Ultimately, MSPs gain a deeper awareness of how backups perform and can provide that level of transparency to clients.
Axcient’s backup history report gives MSPs and their clients a unique view of their backup history.
Axcient’s All-in-One Solution to Protect Everything™
The role of the MSP is getting harder and harder as the complexities of cybersecurity continue to grow. While many MSPs take the ‘more is more’ approach to solving the problem – i.e., growing their stack, allowing clients to bring in their old solutions, and wasting more time on vendor management than adding client value – Axcient takes a different approach.
We’re simplifying business continuity to lower the total cost of ownership (TCO), boost margins, and deliver all-over profit growth. Building on the automation and usability made possible in Axcient’s all-in-one solution, MSPs can streamline vendor management rather than getting buried underneath it. MSPs can finally gain profitability with simplified onboarding, training, billing, support, maintenance, and recovery processes. Learn more about Axcient’s security-first, straightforward approach to data protection, and see what your MSP could do with less.
Take advantage of these resources to explore your opportunities and see how MSPs save up to 50% each month with Axcient over what they were paying for backup alone.
- Read Stop the Insanity…Simplify Data Protection by Axcient’s CEO, David Bennett
- Download Reference Architecture and Its Impact on MSP Maturity, Efficiency, and Profitability for best practices based on the top-performing MSPs
- Or Schedule a 1:1 demo with an Axcient Product Expert to see how you can satisfy multiple backup use cases with just one solution
Got reports and dashboards? Check them out by
About the Author: Carissa Johnson // Product Marketing Manager, Axcient
Carissa Kohn-Johnson has a background in behavioral and physical healthcare technology and information technology and currently works as the Product Marketing Manager for Axcient. She has a lot of MSP Channel experience from planning and attending hundreds of conferences and tradeshows, and found her passion in technology, and working with MSPs in particular. She serves on the Information Services Advisory Board for her community and feels most at home with other technology-forward people. Connect with her on LinkedIn – perhaps you can contribute to the Axcient blog?
More Great Stuff From Our Blog:
Check out some other interesting pieces from our blog: More advances in Usability and Automation: hot new capabilities in automation and usability releases for AutoVerify, failback for Hyper-V, and Local Cache in x360Recover, or get the skinny on how we can offer pooled data storage with no complicated tiered pricing (Seriously!), learn how you can ditch pricey on-site appliances with Local Cache for Direct-to-Cloud BCDR., we dove into how chain-based backup works and why chain-free is the way to be, we talked with Jason Phelps from Huntress Labs about planning for the next ransomware attack, and hear our CEO David Bennett explain why the current cybersecurity landscape means traditional backup is dead.